Patient Attendance Procedure
We will be open for face to face dental appointments from Monday 15th June 2020. However, we will be operating a closed door policy and access will be granted by appointment only. The following appointment procedure applies to both patient and chaperone.
Thank you for your understanding.
- Use the toilet before attending as there are no toilet facilities.
- Clean your teeth before attending.
- Only bring very minimal belongings with you.
- Attend alone wherever possible or with one other person if absolutely necessary.
- Wear a simple face covering.
- Bring any relevant papers i.e. list of up to date medications, up to date contact details including email address, and exemption certificates in a plastic wallet.
At the appointment
- Wait in your car and only approach the door and ring the bell at your exact appointment time
- If you are using public transport, walking or cycling, please ring the front door bell to gain access but, there is limited reception seating so please do not arrive too early.
- Please social distance.
- You will be met by a team member wearing appropriate PPE.
- You will be screened using the standard COVID-19 screening questions
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms you will be referred to an appropriate Dental Care Centre (if it is an emergency) or advised to self-isolate.
- You will be asked to use our hand sanitiser when entering the building.
- You will be escorted directly into the treatment room.
- In the treatment room you can remove your face covering and retain it.
- The clinipad will be signed for consent, medical history and updated contact details.
- When you leave the treatment room you will be asked to use our hand sanitizer and place your face covering on.
- You will be escorted to reception.
- Payment is taken by card only and contactless where possible.
- Receipts and or treatment plans will be emailed to you if appropriate.
- You will be escorted to the practice exit.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND ASSISTANCE WITH THIS PROTOCOL.
Dear sir/ Madam,
We are currently limited by national guidelines in terms of what treatments and procedures we can carry out. Currently we are trying to clear the backlog of emergency work relating to those patients we triaged during lockdown.
From July we hope to be allowed to be able to treat those of you who are in need of root canal treatment or are having pain associated with existing fillings and other work which requires the use of a high speed drill.
At this stage you may contact the practice to arrange appointments for:
- Fractured teeth in need of temporary filing (NHS Band IV)
- Denture work (NHS Band III)
- Assessment of broken teeth/ pain, though treatment may still be deferred (NHS Band I)
- Simple extractions (NHS Band IV)
- Examination without scale (Private £35)
- Examination with full hand scale (£60)
- Full hand scaling with hygienist (Private £55)
- Consultations for cosmetic work (Private £35)
The NHS is not currently offering appointments for routine treatment and check-ups. If you do wish to be seen for an examination, then we may be able to see you privately at a cost of £35 with no scale or £60 with a full hand scale.
Routine hygiene appointments for scaling are available privately, however it will be restricted to a full hand scale due to current guidelines. We will also provide you with oral hygiene instruction and polish to take home. The cost for these appointments is currently £55.
We have had to increase our prices to cover the additional cost of PPE and the extra time between appointments for enhanced decontamination.
If you do attend the practice for an appointment, we are doing our very best to reduce the risk to all of our staff and patients. You will be asked to follow patient attendance procedure for infection control.
We hope you are all safe at this time and we look forward to resuming a normal service as soon as possible under NHS guidelines.
The School Road Dental Team